Enjoy this wonderfully tasty seafood soup any time of year.
- Cook: 12 hrs
- Yields: 4 Bowls
- First allow the fish and shrimp to thaw.
- Cut fish into pieces about 1-1/2-inches (4 cm) in size.
- Slice shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Cover both and place in the fridge until needed.
- Using a large saucepan combine onion, celery, and garlic and cook in the oilive oil until tender.
- Slowly stir in 1 cup broth and wine.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bring back to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in fish and shrimp.
- Return to boiling very briefly then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and shrimp are done.
Ladle it into some bowls, add the sprig of basil on top and enjoy!
Vegetables (d.e): 2; Fat (d.e): 0.5; Lean Meat (d.e): 2
- 8 ounces fresh or frozen skinless fish of your choosing
- 6 ounces fresh or frozen shrimp
- 8 ounces shellfish (choose any that you like)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine (can replace with an additional 1/4 cup of low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1 can drained, no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Serving Size: 12g
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 12g
Dietary Fiber: 2g