Tasty Ginger & Lemongrass Turkey Sliders
Tasty Ginger & Lemongrass Turkey Sliders5050
These tasty turkey treats are great for lunch or as a side dish to be served on the dinner table. They also taste great cold out of the fridge.
- Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 (16-ounce) package Jennie-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated super fresh lemongrass
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 6 drops toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 large carrot, finely grated
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 8 whole leaves iceberg lettuce
- span class=”name”>whole cilantro leaves, if desired
- toasted sesame seeds, if desired
- Heat grill on medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, combine turkey, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, cilantro, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 3 drops toasted sesame oil; mix well.
- Form turkey mixture into tight balls approximately 21/2 ounces each; there should be 8 balls. Flatten them into patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Brush grill lightly with oil. Place turkey patties on grates. Grill 5 to 6 minutes on each side or until well-done, 165F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- In medium bowl combine cabbage and carrot. Add orange juice, remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 3 drops toasted sesame oil; mix well.
- Place turkey patty into each lettuce leaf and mound cabbage and carrot mixture on top.
- Garnish with cilantro and toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
- Always cook to an internal temperature of 165F.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving)
- Calories: 180
- Protein: 28 g
- Sodium: 360 mg
- Cholesterol: 55 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1 g
- Sugars: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
Source: Jennie-O Turkey