Strong Is the New Skinny: How to Eat, Live, and Move to Maximize Your Power
Author: Jenifer Cohen
Published: September 2014
Length: 240 pages
Formats: Kindle, Print
Available on Amazon
From the publisher:
Sick and tired of hearing what’s wrong with you and your body? You’re not alone. It’s time for a new conversation—and a new plan for treating, feeding, and moving your body in ways that build on your strengths inside and out. Strong is sexy. Strong is powerful. Strong is achievable.
With Strong Is the New Skinny you can say goodbye to body-bashing and physical faultfinding, and instead learn to embrace, not just how it looks, but what your body can do—from pushups to pull ups and box jumps to rope climbs, nothing is out of your reach. Strong Is the New Skinny offers a reality-based diet, lifestyle, and fitness program (the “SINS” plan, for short) so you can:
• Maximize your potential, as well as your energy, vitality, and power.
• Train your brain—develop resilience and mental fortitude in every area of your life.
• Add muscle, increase speed, and enhance flexibility.
• Strengthen your arms, back, core, and legs—and crank up the challenge when you’re ready for the next level.
• Torch fat with Strong Moves: a series of heart-healthy H.I.I.T. workouts that take as little as 10 minutes.
• Kick-start your Get-Fit, Get-Fierce plan with the Strong Seven—7 days of 7 power foods.
Whether you’re just getting started or training for a challenging physical event, this book gives you all the tools you need to become leaner, fitter, and stronger: nutritionally, physically, psychologically, and emotionally.
About the authors:
JENNIFER COHEN is a trainer, writer, studio owner, and successful health and fitness entrepreneur. Her weekly fitness blog for Health.com gets tweeted to nearly 2 million of their followers and her Forbes’ columns are frequently in their top 10 most read. She has contributed to Shape, Redbook, Woman’s Day, amongst others, and appeared on numerous national media. She is the Fitness Ambassador for Weight Watchers and has a series of bestselling DVDs with them.
STACEY COLINO is an award-winning writer specializing in health, fitness, and psychology and a certified group exercise instructor and Spinning instructor. Her work has appeared in dozens of national magazines, as well as numerous health and diet books, including Disease-Proof: The Remarkable Truth About What Makes Us Well.
Strong Is the New Skinny: How to Eat, Live, and Move to Maximize Your Power is available on Amazon.